Gina over at the Fitnessista had the most fun list of her top ten ways to make the best of the month ahead…August!
I am stealing her idea and making my own list!! So here it goes…Morgan’s list of ways to make August awesome 🙂
1. Try a new recipe. How good does a platter of the famous PF Changs lettuce wraps sound?! I have found the recipe via Pinterest and can’t wait to try it. New recipes make me happy.
2. Go out with friends. I have been missing my roomates like crazy! Mary has been living life in Australia with her boyfriend while Rachel and I have been busy running around away from the apartment. I can’t wait for all of us to be back together. I was thinking we should go try Artini. Art and Martinis!
3. Organize! It’s important to me to keep things neat and orderly in the apartment. I’ve already begun thinking about organizing the pantry and deep cleaning the apartment. Clean=happy.
4. Get back to Bodypump! After traveling for the last month, I have missed my beloved Bodypump classes! I want to incorporate at least two classes a week into my half marathon training.
5. Scope out Fall clothes. I REALLY love fall. Cozy scarves and boots are my favorites. Again I have been “pinning” some of the looks that I hope to re-create when I do some fall shopping!
6. Make these little energy bites. I think these will be great to take to class for snack!
7. Create a new goal. I started training for my first half-marathon! I want to keep my head focused on building mileage, but trying to have fun while I’m at it by running with friends! Here’s to running in the hot Georgia heat!
8. Go to the lake. My grandparents just moved to their lake house and now that it is their permenant home, I can’t wait to visit!
9. Spend time at the pool. Before classes get too crazy, I want to spend more time at the pool! I haven’t been in Athens to do so in forever!
10. Spend time with the ones you love! On Wednesday, I’ll be flying to Pittsburgh to spend close to a week with Michael. Can’t wait…we have to celebrate his birthday!
In other news….I had a rather tasty lunch today. Roasted teeny tiny potatoes from trader joes and shrimp! I tossed everything in olive oil, rosemary and other spices and threw it all in the oven! Simple…with some green from a lovely kiwi!
This lunch didn’t have much green, so I added a little kiwi. Guess tonight might be a salad kind of night!
Today is my last day of house sitting before I have to head home to pack!!
Off to tidy up!