Tonight I used ingredients I had on hand to make this recipe for vegetarian burritos that were packed with some protein staying power!
Quinoa and Red Bean Burritos
- 4 low carb, high fiber tortillas ( I used Tam-Xi-Cos brand)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Goya Adobo seasoning (or any other seasoning you prefer with a Mexican flavor)
- 1/2 can red beans (drain,rise,mash slightly)
- 3/4 cup salsa ( I used Newman’s Own)
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
Cook quinoa in water according to directions on the box. Once cooked, remove from heat and stir in Adobo seasoning,the beans, and about 1/2 cup of the salsa. Heat tortillas slightly in microwave for 45 seconds. Fill with 1/2 cup of quinoa mixture. Roll into a little burrito and place seam side down on a sheet pan. Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Tonight is busy for me. I have been procrastinating like its nobody’s business on Pinterest. Seriously. It’s a love/hate relationship.
I must get off this thing and start on a paper that is due in the morning. Go me.