Tonight for dinner I planned on trying a new recipe that I thought would make a great weeknight meal. I found this recipe on All recipes and tweaked it a little to make it my own.
The chicken was really flavorful and the sauce thickened into a wonderful, citrusy gravy that was delicious. I ate the chicken alongside roasted asparagus and for some carbs, I ate multi-grain toast with butter. Simple and easy. Perfect for a busy schedule.
Baked Orange Chicken
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs like the original calls for)
- 1 cup of orange juice ( I used Indian River…my favorite!)
- 1 packet of onion gravy mix (1 oz. packet)
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Mix the juice, gravy mix and seasonings together. Pour over chicken and bake in a dish for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
In other news…..
Koby is excited to watch Bachelor Pad tonight!
My roommate Rachel and I always watch “our shows” snuggled up in our pj’s with Koby…our newest roomie. Good times, always.
In the meantime, I’m going to try and find something sweet to eat….