I don’t like the idea of making resolutions and feeling like I must finish them, but I like to create realistic goals for myself. This year, I have a few things that I’d like to work on completing everyday, some new things I’d like to try and one big goal that I have set for myself. I think a combination of these aspirations makes for a complete 2011 outlook.
Working on the Everyday
1. Drink more water- I used to be in a good habit of drinking three camelbacks a day, but sadly, school became really hectic and I barely drink one now. I’d like to at least work on drinking more throughout the day. My body feels best when hydrated!
2. Get workouts done in the morning- if I wait till the afternoon, chances are I am more likely to skip a workout. After a day of classes, all I look forward to is resting and hanging out at home. It’s often hard to motivate myself to leave my apartment after its dark.
3. Attempt to quit nail biting- I know this is a nasty habit and I’d love to have pretty nails. I’m going to work on keeping polish on them and perhaps this will help!
Live a Little
1. Visit somewhere new- This year I want to travel to a new city! Somewhere I have never been.
2. Go out with girlfriends more- It’s no secret, but I am sort of a homebody. I love going out with friends, but I certainly don’t set aside enough time for catching up with some of my favorite friends.
3. Try something new in Atlanta- Atlanta is a great town and I’d love to see or do something new in the city!
4. Go to a cooking class
5. Have more date nights with my boyfriend
GO big or go home
1. Run a half marathon- Yes, I signed up for the Savannah Rock and Roll Half Marathon which will take place on November 5!! I am totally excited about starting my training (after shoulder heals of course). Never thought I’d have the confidence to start running and it feels great to finally have a goal to look forward too. I will certainly keep everyone updated on how training goes. I can’t wait to cross that finish line.
Here’s to a fabulous year…I honestly cannot wait to be a happier, healthier, half-marathoner!!