- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) softened butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk (depending on the moisture of the potatoes)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix the sweet potatoes and butter.
Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and mix to make a soft dough.
Then add milk a tablespoon at a time to mixture and continue to cut in.
Turn the dough out onto a floured board and toss lightly until the outside of the dough looks smooth.
Roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter (I used the bottom of a glass)
Place the biscuits on a greased pan and coat tops with melted butter.
Bake for about 15 minutes.